Thursday, August 2, 2012

Peplum and Aztec in the mix


Peplum: H&M
Aztec skirt: Bershka
Cap toe Pumps: Asos
Satchel: Boutique
Sunnies: H&M
Bracelet: H&M





Usually Peplum works wonders on so many body shapes but when an acquaintance told me I look as I have a bun in the oven I was like "yeah peplum even works for preggo women" hehe ;-) No, seriously,  I think it works perfectly with curves and underlines your female silhouette and makes your waist appear slim.In a previous post (here) I paired it with a tulip peplum skirt. This time I wanted to go  for a more modern and fun way and just to kill  two birds with one stone- pairing two of my favourite trends this summer- my aztec skirt and a basic peplum top. I have already taken pics for my next blogpost, where I will combine my peplum shirt with a pencil skirt. I haven't tried it with jeans or pants yet, have to try it out some time soon though and will let you know. This time I kept it pretty simple with the accessoires, my man got tired of my gold chain necklaces from HRH collection hahaha, also I think they always give an outfit that effortless finish touch ;-).
How do you style your peplum pieces?

PS: I first spotted this Peplum shirt on  my favourite bloger friend Jenny from Crazy Style Love (www.crazystylelove.com) and needed to get my hands on it. She has an amazing femine style and is such a sweet person, you have to check out her blog as well if you don't do it anyways hehe because she is AMAZING (invert high opera voice) :-)
OH and another super sweet Peplum queen is Bonnie from  Mini Me Style (www.minimestyle.com) one of my favourite daily blog reads as well :-). They both have one in common, where I can shout out my german phrase "Klein aber fein" which  means small but fine :-)

Have a great Thursday loves and thanks for stoping by, always puts a smile on my face :-)



17 comments:

  1. I love the print of the skirt!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty girl right there! Keep doing what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this skirt! this whole outfit rocks and I need those shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, asos sold them out but they have them again :-)

      Delete
  4. Such a great look on you! I am now following you on bloglovin :)
    xo K
    www.lilieslattesandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendall, thank you so much, I am following you too, great blog you have :-)

      Delete
  5. Ani, you rock that peplum like no other!! It looks so amazing on you, and I really love it paired with that mini skirt! It's a great balance of proportions. I really LOVE those shoes, and might have to copy you! :) You are just the sweetest person ever!! Thank you so much for those incredibly kind and lovely words! You are so supportive and amazing!!!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are super sweet Jenny, thank you. you should get thsoe heels they were sold out but just saw that asos have them online again, get your hands on them they are super chic and comfy and will look great with your dress collection :-). You are Amazing :-)

      Delete
  6. you're totally rocking this peplum top....I also heart that skirt!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ani! I answered your camera question on my blog, but thought I would post it here to make it easier for you. I use the Canon Rebel T2i with 50mm lens. It’s really simple to use and takes wonderful photos. My Man and I really have no idea how to take photos. The camera seems to just do it on it’s own. I did learn how to change the exposure to account for sun or shade, and that seems to really do the trick.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Rebecca, the aztec print is so flirty and fun, love it as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I love this look! I am a huge fan of the peplum. I like how yours is shorter in the front. Love the print on your skirt. You look so pretty.

    Krista
    www.junkindiggingettinlost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful look Ani, and this bag is soooo cute!!! Love the color!
    I posted the illustration of one of your amazing looks on my blog- hope you like it:)
    Xo
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love peplum...I always feel extra chic with it ;)
    And that skirt is fabulous!!
    XOXO

    http://www.princessmartha.com

    http://www.facebook.com/princessmarthablog

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty, and the peplum is beautiful on you. I paired mine with white skinny jeans but I think the peplum works wonderfully with skirts too, I want to try mine with a pencil skirt next. I adore your aztec skirt and cap toe pumps, those are both items I need to add to my wardrobe! Love your blog and you look amazing. :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. this outfit is amazing hun, especially love the skirt xx

    ReplyDelete